Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mar 19, 2008 - I am Living Again.

Today is a Big Day for me.

I don't normally chart my weight loss until Monday morning. However, I did chart it today. I have lost 125 pounds as of this morning. Four months ago this morning, I was being wheeled into an operating room for the very first time in my life. I did not expect exhileration, I did not expect to be intoxicated by life, I did not expect to make, what I consider to be really, really great new friends.

I just wanted to have a chance at living again.

I am pretty sure, no, I know for a fact, I received all of the above. I am routinely exhilerated at the results that GBS has brought me. Watching, actually seeing my fat melt away. I continue to live in an intoxicated state, intoxicated by the comments, compliments, support, results - you name it. Can life really continue to get better than it is right now still weighing 313 pounds? That is difficult to comprehend. Friends. Let me say, that I have made a group of new friends, that have shared similar experiences - that have become real friends. People that I know I could go to with GBS issues, or personal issues. People that look out for me and lovingly warn me when I say something stupid, which can be often.

And I know that I am living again.

This week I was lucky and happened to see the first Robin fly into the neighborhood. Several hours later there were 20 or so in my yard. The sights and sounds of spring are commencing in my neighborhood. I always look forward to that. The first Robin. The rebirth of the new year. The new progression of seasons. This year, the sights and sound of spring have commenced in my life. The rebirth of a vibrant, healthy man. A new progression in life.

Yep, I am living again.

1 comment:

Vim&Vigour said...

Dearest Jim,
So glad you have opened your own GBS blog! ALWAYS such a JOY to read your posts!
Robin... 20? That's more than I have ever seen in one go!

Aren't we fortunate to REALLY appreciate our 2nd chance and hold Life warmly in our two hands? And to have the loving support of our spouses, family and friends!? Thank you for being my friend Jim!
Yours!
Vim