Sunday, March 9, 2008

Nov. 27, 2007 - 1st Post-Op Doctor's Appointment

Today has been a good day. A very good day. I took no pain meds last night, it has been 36 hours and I am pain free. I have been having trouble sleeping, or maybe it is better said, falling asleep. Then when I fall asleep, I am dreaming like crazy, weird dreams. Not violent, just weird and fragmented. I have been told the sleeping will return to normal and my droopy eyes say yeah, right!

Eating, or rather should I say drinking has also been pretty uneventful. I have been sticking to my protein drinks, thinned creamed soups, protein waters and vitamin waters, having no problems keeping them down. I even had some thinned cream of wheat which stayed down fine and was quite tasty. For my protein drinks I have been using a 1/2 & 1/2 mixture of Slimfast and whey protein power, skim milk, Shaklee LiqiLea multivitamin and crushed ice in the magic bullet. Tasty and healthy. I will have blood work on Thursday, so we will probably make some adjustments then.

Now for todays news. I went to see Dr White and Roxy. 11:15 AM and I step on the scale. 3 weeks ago I would have fought to avoid scales, now I cannot wait to get to it. I look down and read 410.8 I had to blink several times - 410.8. Holy Crap - 28.6 pounds lost in the last 18 days, never to return. I am amazed. 28.6 pounds. I cannot believe it and my feelings are all over the place. I feel kind of guilty. This procedure, according to many is painful and so difficult, and it has not been very painful for me. Difficult yes. I am not starving, not craving food, don't desire sweets and I can see the results so positively. I feel great and am only looking forward to the future.

28.6 pounds, I cannot believe it. I am amazed!

No comments: